Dear Dr. W,
Thanks for seeing me back in June 2012 and for your follow-up letter indicating that my thyroglobulin (TG) level at that time was 0.5. This was great to hear, that and the news that as a result of the low TG test you felt that I did not need the radioactive iodine treatment at that time.
I am enclosing my most recent blood work for your review and records drawn by Dr. Pun. I am concerned that my TG is now 1.3. I understand that it is good that the TG result continues to be below 2.0, but are you concerned at all that it is now in an upward trend?
My current questions for you as a result of your letter sent to me and June and this latest TG result:
- When should I have my blood drawn again?
- Are you concerned about my latest TG result of 1.3?
- Does this 1.3 TG result change your mind about radioactive iodine?
- When should I see you again? I believe you originally said January 2013 in your letter, but I wonder if this has changed as a result of the upward bloodwork trend.
- When should I have my first baseline ultrasound post-surgery? Should this be before or after my appointment with you?
I very much would like to continue seeing you to address my recurrent thyroid cancer (three times in four years). I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding my questions.