- I traveled to Denver last week for business and was gone Tuesday through Friday. Business travel is tiring anyway, but with my current state of always feeling either bleh or not right, it really wasn't so great.
- Kenzie has injured her elbow doing a back handspring. Saw the doctor on Monday, said to rest it for six weeks. Dancing is over for her now.
- Chris is almost finished with the building and painting in our room. He painted it chocolate brown (it looks delicious!) with white trim and built an amazing cabinet for (mostly) me. He gets a shelf of it. :)
- Morgan continues to love soccer with her team the Storm. Most recently she scored three goals and had a great assist in a 6-2 win. She is disappointed that her last soccer game is this Sunday. The good news: basketball season is just around the corner, and Chris is coaching her again so she looks forward to that too.
- Me? Other than trying to keep up with this bunch, I continue to feel crappy (from thyroid or being just three months out from cancer...who knows?), think that every pain is a new form of cancer, complain about my endocrinologist and choose to do nothing about any of this.
- Holly and Charlotte (Kevin was out of the country) had us over on Saturday for dinner. Her parents, my aunt and uncle, were in town, and it was great to see them. It was the first time I had seen them since adding my lovely five-inch scar on my neck late this summer (thyroid cancer surgical scar for those of you not following along). I told them to go back to Mema and tell her that they saw me with their own eyes and I am fine. At least that is the version to tell your 88 year old grandma, that you are fine three months post cancer surgery. But aren't I fine? I am right? But what about that pain in my leg...I digress. I'm fine...sort of.
- OSU Cowboys lost to Texas but looked great in the process. Is a BCS bowl in the works for the Cowboys? Stay tuned...
OK, gotta run as I am accompanying Miss Poppy Virginia (Kenzie) to Hampton, VA, for an American Legion conference. She is also vice president of the junior American Legion auxiliary of Virginia and has meeting to go to for both of these responsibilies. Me? I just hope to get a little rest this weekend. Chris is holding down the fort this weekend and has trick-or-treat duties this evening.
Oh yeah...Happy Halloween!